Profiteroles are small puffy breads or rolls. They are also known as cream puffs. They have air pockets inside them. This is very easy dough to make and is used to make Eclairs, European donuts among other things.
Profiteroles are served with sweet cream, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar, caramel, or with ice cream. They are very yummyyy with savory filling too.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese,
- 3 tbsp Asiago Cheese,
- Pinch Black Pepper, ground
- Pinch of Oregano
- Pinch Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat souce pan on medium-hight heat. Bring water to a boil.
3. Add buter and salt, melt it completely.
4. Add flour and stir for 1 minutes on medium heat.
5. Crack 1 egg at a time in the dough.
6. Mix very well with wooden spoon.
7. Add parmesan, asiago cheese, pepper, and oregno, and mix.
8. Transfer dough to a ziplock and snip one corner. Pipe 1 inch mounds two inch apart.
9. Bake them for 35-40 minutes.
10. Allow the profiteroles to cool completely.
11. Cut off the top of Profiteroles and fill them with your favorite filling and serve.