When I came to US, I knew very few things about Italian Cuisine. Italian food meant Pasta and Pizza only but thanks to Food Network and Giada De Laurentiis for introducing me to this cuisine. I think I am very fortunate to meet her personally :))
I was addicted to her 'Everyday Italian.' I tried her many recipes, pasta, soups, desserts, and salads. This is one of my favorite salad recipe.
This salad is absolutely, incredibly delicious, the way she made it so I didn't change anything. It is very fresh, light, and filling. Toasted Hazelnuts are highlights of the salad. They give them amazing crunch and flavor. Taste this and fall in love with it with first crunchy bite.
-- For Salad
- 1 pound Green Lentils, boiled in salted water, drained and cool
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup Seedless Green Grapes, halved
- 1 cup Seedless Red Grapes, halved
- 1 English Cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Skinned Hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
-- For Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt to taste
1. Mix lentils and remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
2. In another bowl pour lemon juice, honey, salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Whisk it for 2 minutes.
3. Add black pepper, basil, oregano, and whisk again.
4. Pour vinaigrette over the salad, toss, and serve.